A huge thank you to the local business community who came together over the Cockermouth Charity weekend and raised vital funds for your local hospice charity.
Over the last two weeks, members of our Fundraising Team have visited some local businesses in Cockermouth for cheque presentations, and to thank them personally for the incredible efforts shown to raise money for our charity.
We are so fortunate to receive such incredible donations, which is down to the generosity of our local community:
- Leslie Cleeland Ltd handed over a sum of funds, raised from carpet sample sales
- Castlegate Deli handed over a sum of funds, raised using our collection buckets in their shop
- Cockermouth Rotary Club raised £500, which was combined from 3 major events
- Hames Hall Residential Care Home raised £152 from organising a coffee and cake morning
- Grisdale Estate Agents raised an £140 from organising a raffle, filled with prizes from local businesses
- The Linden Tree raised £250 from a raffle, where the lucky winner won a shop voucher
- Cartmell Shepherd Solicitors raised £100 from organising a West Cumbrain themed raffle
- Strolling 4 Shoes donated a percentage from each shoe sale, totalling a donation of £385
Ellie Mcmillan, Communications Co-ordinator said “It was lovely to meet such humble people who took part in the Cockermouth Charity Weekend, and to hear their reasoning behind their involvement in raising funds for our charity. We are so thankful that we have such a powerful network of people in our community, who truly do go above and beyond to give back to such vital causes”.