A HUGE thank you to everyone who supported our third annual Colour Run at Muncaster Castle. Despite rumours of rain, the weather stayed on our side and over a thousand people turned out to enjoy the day and raise money for our cause.
We had the highest number of runners ever – with almost 750 charity champions, tackling the courses and getting showered in a sea of colour. And who could forget the giant inflatables that provided a quirky twist to the last leg?!
Our wonderful runners also brought with them an appreciative crowd of around 750 supporters who enjoyed live entertainment from CFM, roaming entertainers, a barbeque, face painting and more.
Thanks to the Frost-Penningtons who once again donated the use of their beautiful grounds to host our colourful event and to all our volunteers who lifted, packed, carried, marshalled, sold, packed, pointed, distributed, painted, registered, played, entertained, smiled and so much more! We couldn’t do it without you.
Fundraising totals will be announced soon.
Where do I hand my sponsorship money in?
All of you wonderful adults who signed up pledged to raise a minimum of £50 for hospice and for those who signed up as a family, your pledge was £75. For Under 15s there was no minimum sponsorship. We just asked that you tried your very best to raise as much as you could for our cause…..so now it’s time to gather up all those sponsors and be thanked for all your hard work.
- The best place to hand your sponsorship in is our main office in Workington. The address is: Upper Floor, Cumbria House, New Oxford Street, Workington, CA14 2NA.
- If you can’t make it to our office please make your way to one of our shops in Workington, Whitehaven or Cockermouth.
- Workington – 10 Finkle St, Workinton, CA14 2BB
- Whitehaven – 71 King Street, Whitehaven, CA28 7LE
- Cockermouth – 1A Old Kings Arms Lane, Cockermouth, CA13 9LS
- For those of you who have set up accounts via JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving your sponsorship will come directly to us so there’s nothing else for you to do but bask in the glory of crossing that finish line and helping to raise tens of thousands of pounds for Hospice.
The deadline for handing in your sponsorship money is Friday 30th September 2016.
Once we have received your sponsorship we will send you a formal letter to say thank you.
And finally, sometimes when you’re having so much fun it is easy to forget what we’re all there for, so just a little reminder that every penny raised will go to helping those in need in the local community at one of the most difficult times of their lives. And for this, on behalf of all our patients and service users, 2016 colour runners – we thank you!
For information or if you have any questions or queries call our fundraising team on 01900 873173.